As soon as a I saw these on Steph’s Bite by Bite I knew I had to make them. I switched them up a bit with the addition of coconut and honey and I’m sure you could keep mixing things up in these little chocolate cups!
Chocolate and Peanut butter AND banana? Um, Yes Please. See – now you want to make them too.
I will warn you – the chocolate shell part is a bit time consuming, but that’s the hardest part – the peanut butter, graham cracker and banana parts are super easy (and quick). They’re totally worth though. Trust me.
Also, the graham cracker was a little crumbly. I might switch that up next time and try a bit more butter or maybe peanut butter on the bottom then graham cracker to make it stay in place. Just my two cents.
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark or whatever you want)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons coconut (finely grated or spun in the food processor)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I like the natural stuff, but whatever works)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon honey (1 for pb and 1 for graham crackers)
- 24 banana slices (about 1 - 2 banana tops)
- Line a mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake liners.
- Melt your chocolate (I like the double boiler but the microwave works just fine).
- Drop a teaspoon into a mini liner pan and spread it up the sides using a small spatula. I say do this in small sets of three or four at a time or the chocolate will start to set up on you.
- Toss the pan full of chocolately goodness in to the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the chocolate cups are setting in the freezer, mix together your peanut butter mixture (combine peanut butter, powdered sugar and honey) and put in the fridge to set.
- While still waiting for your chocolate cups (because the pb thing took two minutes) mix together your graham cracker mixture (graham cracker crumbs, coconut, butter, coconut oil, honey). I also added a little cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice to kick it up, but that's totally optional.
- Cut up your bananas.
- Take your fully set chocolate cups out and start stacking your graham cracker, pb, and banana slices. I found it better to press the graham crackers then toss on a teaspoon of pb (it can get sticky) and then press it all together with the banana slice.
- Once they're filled with graham cracker, pb and banana things, top them with another teaspoon of chocolate. Try to coat the whole thing so they become one solid cup.
- put back in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Take out and peel off all the wrappers. Trust me - you don't want people to see this part :)