I’m trying to be healthy. I swear. I really am…and not for the reasons you think. I’m tired of listening to my coworkers complain about the goodies I bring in or tell me their on a diet or that they can’t eat gluten or dairy or whatever. SO, I’m trying to make healthy little treats. You’re welcome.
These are quick, simple and DELISH! I tweaked the recipe from Shutterbean but have fun with it. I tried another version with dried mango and cranberries – it was an epic fail (WAY too crumbly/fall aparty but still tasty). The fleshy little apricots make just the right consistency for bar shaped healthy goodness. Also, I recommend keeping them in the freezer and snacking on them while they’re super cold.
Happy Healthy Eating!
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup flaked coconut (i tried it with ground coconut too)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or just soft - it was hot when i made these!)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Using a food processor, grind up the cashews and pecans (set aside) then using the same food processor machine (don't wash it - you're gonna mix all this stuff in a minute), mix up those apricots til they're consistently chopped/mushed up.
- Keeping the apricots in the mixer, add coconut, oats, agave syrup, coconut oil, chia seeds, ginger and salt. Process until mixture comes together.
- Add the chopped cashews/pecan mixture and pulse until well combined.
- Put the apricot coconut mixture in the parchment lined baking pan and firmly press into pan (I find a measuring spoon does the trick). Cover the bars and place in a freezer for one hour to set.
- Take them out and slice them up. Try not to eat all of them.
- Put them back in the fridge or the freezer. Enjoy!